Forum Navigation

About Nutnfancy

Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 31 to 60 of 70
James

• Total Posts : 137
  • Reward points : 5520
Re:About Nutnfancy - Monday, April 27, 2009 4:41 AM ( #31 )
DrWaffles

I like nutnfancys vids but I gotta agree with that lol.  Sometimes he doesn't actually pull out the blade until halfway through the video!!  It's like "Just pull the!......I just wanna see the!......GRRAARGH!"

+1 on that. Imho he often looses sight of the knife he wants to review. He is talking about himself, his views, himself again, deployment speed, one more time about himself...come on, would you please shows us that damn knife, would ya? But he also has made a lof reviews of knives which are on my wishlist, so it is good to see them in action, and not only those pics on the net.

James

Trenary

• Total Posts : 151
  • Reward points : 124
Re:About Nutnfancy - Monday, April 27, 2009 9:50 AM ( #32 )
He put's the "Fancy" in "Nut"

Ouch!

• Total Posts : 479
  • Reward points : 3159
Re:About Nutnfancy - Monday, April 27, 2009 1:26 PM ( #33 )
philwar

So. Are we CS fans really so insecure that we can't handle someone else's OPINION? Can we not take his criticisms at face value? Even if we don't agree, can we stick to the issue instead of lowering ourselves to character assassination?
Or is that all we can really resort to, in the absence of an actual rebuttal? If this is how 'reasonable' our responses are to a fan, I shudder to think of how we would react to a hater.

The reviews are O.K.  Sometimes, he says some ridiculous things that probably should not be said without better thinking about it or, at least, rephrase his expressions.  The John Fitzen videos are interesting, but he puts his face too much in front of the camera, which is an unnecessary distraction that has the knack of making me wince.  His focus on everything being lighter is, to me, an annoyance and beneficial at times.  But as long as he stays the focus on knives and a solitary review, that works.  The critique of those videos are more closely associated with the instances when he strays from the reviews.
thedragon.blue

• Total Posts : 7510
  • Reward points : 9049
Re:About Nutnfancy - Monday, April 27, 2009 1:46 PM ( #34 )
i love you all, but come on...

dannycanuck

• Total Posts : 1962
  • Reward points : 15213
Re:About Nutnfancy - Monday, April 27, 2009 1:48 PM ( #35 )
^ Ha ha! That's top drawer!
I'm just a man, but I'm trying to do better.

Horseman's Basket Hilt Sword, Hand and a half Sword, Grosse Messer, Boar Spear, Kudu, Battle Mace, Swiss Halberd, Norse Hawk, War Hammer, Large Sax Machete, True Flight Thrower, Boar Hunter, Warhead, Scimitar Spike, Canadian Belt Knife, Bushman, Black Rock Hunter, Large Plain Clip Point Voyager, Small Zytel Ti-Lite, Silver Plain Scimitar, Cruciform Dagger, Panga machete, Pipe Tomahawk, Small Sjambok, Italian Dagger, Great Sword, Mackinac Hunter, Brooklyn Smasher, Trail Boss, Viking Axe, Orange Survival Edge, Beaver Tail Mini Tac, Cutlass Machete, Counter Point XL, Pocket Bushman  
Trenary

• Total Posts : 151
  • Reward points : 124
Re:About Nutnfancy - Monday, April 27, 2009 3:40 PM ( #36 )
Does anyone think that The Discovery Channel should give Fancy Nut his own series?

MattBlack

• Total Posts : 1621
  • Reward points : 1592
Re:About Nutnfancy - Monday, April 27, 2009 3:44 PM ( #37 )
They've done worse, why not? Not very PC though...
Love will be my friend
Fear will be my enemy

Clarity, my goal

"Worrying is like a rocking chair...it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere. "

BBBB
Uberpwnage

• Total Posts : 435
  • Reward points : 845
Re:About Nutnfancy - Monday, April 27, 2009 4:16 PM ( #38 )
thedragon.blue

i love you all, but come on...

Nice find!
thedragon.blue

Re:About Nutnfancy - Tuesday, April 28, 2009 5:06 AM ( #39 )
^ thanks.  gotta love the googles. 

philwar

• Total Posts : 1940
  • Reward points : 4332
Re:About Nutnfancy - Tuesday, April 28, 2009 6:49 AM ( #40 )
Trenary

The 'reviewer' is an Italian guy called Coltello, and AFAIK he is just the dirtiest reseller on the entire web. All he does is relist high-end CS products for about double the price. Oh and he puts his name in front of the item.  I cannot imagine this guy making a single cent, but there you are.
Ouch!

• Total Posts : 479
  • Reward points : 3159
Re:About Nutnfancy - Wednesday, April 29, 2009 12:22 AM ( #41 )
Trenary

Does anyone think that The Discovery Channel should give Fancy Nut his own series?

Why?  What value would it add?  Is his a face that should be seen more?
lessan

• Total Posts : 9
  • Reward points : 108
Re:About Nutnfancy - Wednesday, April 29, 2009 1:26 AM ( #42 )
i cant see it happening
Absintheur

• Total Posts : 1865
  • Reward points : 2274
Re:About Nutnfancy - Wednesday, April 29, 2009 4:05 AM ( #43 )

"Got tight on absinthe last night, did knife tricks" Ernest Hemingway
odobo

• Total Posts : 84
  • Reward points : 2220
Re:About Nutnfancy - Friday, May 01, 2009 9:36 AM ( #44 )
I have no respect for nutnfancy, and I have LOTS of videos, with more to come.  I resent words like "snap judgements", and "bashing".  I have reasons for not liking nutnfancy.  Like I said, I don't know if he knows the truth, but if he does know, then he does not have the guts to speak about it.

Haha, and I like how he says that his critics probably don't have any videos.

philwar

Re:About Nutnfancy - Friday, May 01, 2009 10:21 AM ( #45 )
odobo

I have no respect for nutnfancy, and I have LOTS of videos, with more to come.  I resent words like "snap judgements", and "bashing".  I have reasons for not liking nutnfancy.  Like I said, I don't know if he knows the truth, but if he does know, then he does not have the guts to speak about it.

Haha, and I like how he says that his critics probably don't have any videos.

If you have reasons for not liking him, I'd like to know them. So far, the information he provides seems objective and - where pertinent to my own circumstances and needs - relevant.
So if you know something we don't - and it's clear you say you do - please enlighten us.
thedragon.blue

Re:About Nutnfancy - Friday, May 01, 2009 10:35 AM ( #46 )
^ uh oh, philwar, you mightve just opened up pandora's box.  guess we'll see soon enough!

natural B^[ flavor

• Total Posts : 1097
  • Reward points : 1441
Re:About Nutnfancy - Friday, May 01, 2009 1:20 PM ( #47 )
its amazing how this thread is still so popular
i like dragon.blus gif image of the dead horsie beating!!!  I love it

And Absin the UR  i like the news report cartoon

Poor nutnfancy, peeps just cant use their own brains to decide which products
to buy so they bash him for giving his opinion on the item

Im sure nutnfancy will get some reviews wrong but thats no reason
to waste your time bashing him

Its not like your being forced to worship him or anything..............
Right???????

Attached Image(s)
If we love our Republic, is it treason to call yourself a democrat?
- Please feel free to use your brain!!! and Read this:democracy vs. republic =O P.S. Unless the govt. tells you not to!
odobo

Re:About Nutnfancy - Friday, May 01, 2009 2:26 PM ( #48 )
Reason for not liking Nutnfancy:

1. I happen to know that Cold Steel is the best brand of knives on the market.  He's wasting time and money, and his breath, by reviewing every knife on the market.  Lynn is so far ahead of ALL other knife manufacturers, that it's a waste of time to even consider them.

2.  He doesn't know when to shut his mouth.  I'll use his Fitzen videos as an example.  He goes to this man's shop, and the man, Fitzen, has a wealth of knowledge, and Nutn keeps yapping nonstop, and won't let the guy get a word in edgewise.  The fact that he goes to Fitzen's shop is the one bright spot in all his videos, and he can't seem to clap his trap.

3.  He's BORING.  He keeps talking and talking, and his head must be full of sand or something, because he never says anything INTERESTING.

4.  Last but not least, I think he KNOWS that Cold Steel is the best, but he just does not have the guts to say it.  He's so worried about hurting someone's feelings, and being "brand myopic", as he puts it, that he wouldn't know the truth if it hit him with a 2x4.  He's AFRAID, and GUTLESS.

I have videos on youtube, and I don't give a pile of dung who likes what I have to say or who agrees with me.  I put them there because I want to make information available to people, who have enough sense to listen.
"He who has ears to hear, let him hear." Matt 13:9

I have said some of the above on comments to his videos, and in a message to him, so none of this crap about talking about him behind his back.  Besides, you ASKED, PHILWAR.
odobo

Re:About Nutnfancy - Friday, May 01, 2009 2:34 PM ( #49 )
And one more thing, Philwar,  I don't appreciate you creating a topic that somehow forbids people from talking about a subject.  I'll talk about whatever I feel like talking about, and if that includes Nutnfancy, then so be it.  If you don't like it, you know where you can go.

Warthog

• Total Posts : 5616
  • Reward points : 0
Re:About Nutnfancy - Friday, May 01, 2009 2:46 PM ( #50 )
edit
<message edited by Warthog on Friday, May 01, 2009 6:03 PM>

philwar

Re:About Nutnfancy - Friday, May 01, 2009 2:59 PM ( #51 )
thedragon.blue

^ uh oh, philwar, you mightve just opened up pandora's box.  guess we'll see soon enough!

I like his reviews, I don't mind saying so. If anyone has any information that could change that, I honestly wanna know.
philwar

Re:About Nutnfancy - Friday, May 01, 2009 3:03 PM ( #52 )
odobo

And one more thing, Philwar,  I don't appreciate you creating a topic that somehow forbids people from talking about a subject.  I'll talk about whatever I feel like talking about, and if that includes Nutnfancy, then so be it.  If you don't like it, you know where you can go.

Don't be a ****. You can appreciate whatever you like, I can start topics however I like. And I am not forbidding anything. You are VERY defensive here, and I was not addressing anyone in particular when I asked why people were bashing him. You obviously feel this applies to you, so why not show us all the dirt you have on this guy?
Put up or shut up.

The irony is, nutnfancy is a CS fan, like all of us here. There's lots of people way more deserving of your mighty wrath.
natural B^[ flavor

Re:About Nutnfancy - Friday, May 01, 2009 3:35 PM ( #53 )
What i dont get is why nutnfancy went as far as too make a vid
explaining what hes out to do and why

I mean if someone runs through a mall naked its a sure bet
there will be many diff opinions on that incident

He should have expected for people to have opinions,
what ive seen from a few vids is that he does put his own opinion in at times and compares other items against what hes reviewing 

rather than just focus on a non biased review
Odobo took it too personal like warhog commented

- Please feel free to use your brain!!! and Read this:democracy vs. republic =O P.S. Unless the govt. tells you not to!
philwar

Re:About Nutnfancy - Friday, May 01, 2009 5:16 PM ( #54 )
odobo

Reason for not liking Nutnfancy:

1. I happen to know that Cold Steel is the best brand of knives on the market.  He's wasting time and money, and his breath, by reviewing every knife on the market.  Lynn is so far ahead of ALL other knife manufacturers, that it's a waste of time to even consider them.

You know this? Wow. I'm a long-time CS fan, and they make up by far the largest part of my knife collection, and always will. But the best? That's a big claim. How would you quantify that?

2.  He doesn't know when to shut his mouth.  I'll use his Fitzen videos as an example.  He goes to this man's shop, and the man, Fitzen, has a wealth of knowledge, and Nutn keeps yapping nonstop, and won't let the guy get a word in edgewise.  The fact that he goes to Fitzen's shop is the one bright spot in all his videos, and he can't seem to clap his trap.

So it annoys you that his reviews take at least 10 minutes, often longer. Wow. That IS pretty factual evidence!

3.  He's BORING.  He keeps talking and talking, and his head must be full of sand or something, because he never says anything INTERESTING.

Well, not interesting to you. To me, and many others who are not as supremely knowledgeable as you clearly are, his reviews are in fact quite interesting, as evidenced by his ratings.
And again, it seems the main, if not in fact the only objection you seem to have is the fact that he likes to take his time.

4.  Last but not least, I think he KNOWS that Cold Steel is the best, but he just does not have the guts to say it.

You actually do slightly have a point here. He likes CS even more than he professes, but it's not PC to say so.
But then you contradict yourself:

He's so worried about hurting someone's feelings, and being "brand myopic", as he puts it, that he wouldn't know the truth if it hit him with a 2x4.

So which is it? Does he or does he not know the truth?

He's AFRAID, and GUTLESS.

Oh I don't know. He's out there, showing his face and those of his family and friends, risking being ridiculed by master bladesmiths cum former Navy SEAL instructors such as yourself. And then there's the small thing of his having served in a combat environment and as a LEO (still is serving btw). Or do you contest that?
I don't think he's a coward. And I've seen my fair share of those.

I have videos on youtube,

Amazing. Let me bow to you then.

and I don't give a pile of dung who likes what I have to say or who agrees with me.

Oh silly. You know you just wanna be loved! Why deny it??

I put them there because I want to make information available to people, who have enough sense to listen.

Well good. No one should deny you that, or badmouth you for what you do, or the way you do it. Why not accord others the same courtesy?

"He who has ears to hear, let him hear." Matt 13:9

Yep. There's some useful stuff in that ole book. You should take heed.

you ASKED, PHILWAR.

As you expected, it took me a while to recover from this devastating post (sorry I overlooked it the first time).
odobo, take a load off and lighten up. Direct your energy towards more positive ends.
Regards,
philwar

Re:About Nutnfancy - Friday, May 01, 2009 5:20 PM ( #55 )
natural B^[ flavor

What i dont get is why nutnfancy went as far as too make a vid
explaining what hes out to do and why

I totally get it, and I appreciate it too. He's about gun rights, and self defense, and preparation, and not taking civilization for granted.
All sentiments I happen to agree with.

I mean if someone runs through a mall naked its a sure bet
there will be many diff opinions on that incident

lol yeah!

He should have expected for people to have opinions,
what ive seen from a few vids is that he does put his own opinion in at times and compares other items against what hes reviewing

He always explicitly says it's all just his opinion. Usually based on his personal experiences. 

rather than just focus on a non biased review

Is that ever really possible?

Warthog

• Total Posts : 5616
  • Reward points : 0
Re:About Nutnfancy - Friday, May 01, 2009 6:02 PM ( #56 )
yeah, this is way out of control now, sorry I added to it, I'd lock it if I could,.

In fact I will remove my comments and allow this to die hopefully.

ElMaskedAsian

• Total Posts : 782
  • Reward points : 5989
Re:About Nutnfancy - Friday, May 01, 2009 6:04 PM ( #57 )
hey Philwar, your display picture kinda looks like Nutn. are you sure you're not 'this guy' ????
the more you know, the less you carry - Mors Kochanski
natural B^[ flavor

Re:About Nutnfancy - Friday, May 01, 2009 6:57 PM ( #58 )
It is possible if we are ever able to get robots to function independently
then maybe we can get a nonbiased review

Im surprised at all the views this thread has recieved

If this thread was Cinnamon Rolls we would have run out by now and had
to substitute ours by selling another brands cinnamon rolls!!!

And i just like to see reviews that focus only on the item being reviewed
so thats why i dont watch nutnfancy that much
Of course, when your a s popular as he is in the dodging rocks and recieving gifts department(compliments)
You have to do somthing to settle down the haters!!!

And what i meant Philwar is that he should just ignore the hateful people and continue doing what hes doing, its not like people will stop disliking him
since the vid(the one that was posted a while back on this forum regarding the haters)

Warthog  Keep up the VIgilante suit, maybe you can patent the design??
heheheheh
odobo

Re:About Nutnfancy - Friday, May 01, 2009 6:57 PM ( #59 )
"You know this? Wow. I'm a long-time CS fan, and they make up by far the largest part of my knife collection, and always will. But the best? That's a big claim. How would you quantify that? "

Yes, I know this. 

"So it annoys you that his reviews take at least 10 minutes, often longer. Wow. That IS pretty factual evidence! "

Did I say anything about the length of the videos?  I was talking about his diarrhea of the mouth.

"Well, not interesting to you. To me, and many others who are not as supremely knowledgeable as you clearly are, his reviews are in fact quite interesting, as evidenced by his ratings.
And again, it seems the main, if not in fact the only objection you seem to have is the fact that he likes to take his time. "

Yes, that's right, not interesting to me.  What's your point?  I don't care about his ratings.  If I don't like him, do think I somehow care what the people who are rating his videos think?

"You actually do slightly have a point here. He likes CS even more than he professes, but it's not PC to say so.
But then you contradict yourself:

So which is it? Does he or does he not know the truth? "

He's confused, and afraid.

"Oh I don't know. He's out there, showing his face and those of his family and friends, risking being ridiculed by master bladesmiths cum former Navy SEAL instructors such as yourself. And then there's the small thing of his having served in a combat environment and as a LEO (still is serving btw). Or do you contest that?
I don't think he's a coward. And I've seen my fair share of those. "

Risking? That's the point.  He's not risking anything.  He's playing it "pc" as you said.

"Amazing. Let me bow to you then. "
Thanks, you should.

"Oh silly. You know you just wanna be loved! Why deny it?? "
What?  Are you on drugs?

"Well good. No one should deny you that, or badmouth you for what you do, or the way you do it. Why not accord others the same courtesy? "

I don't care who "badmouths" me.  Have I hurt your feelings?  Are you feeling unloved?  Is there something wrong with you?

"Yep. There's some useful stuff in that ole book. You should take heed. "

Care to quote anything? Have you ever read the whole thing?  Even once?

"As you expected, it took me a while to recover from this devastating post (sorry I overlooked it the first time).
odobo, take a load off and lighten up. Direct your energy towards more positive ends.
Regards,"

Eh, blow it out your nose.

odobo

Re:About Nutnfancy - Friday, May 01, 2009 7:02 PM ( #60 )
philwar

Don't be a ****. You can appreciate whatever you like, I can start topics however I like. And I am not forbidding anything. You are VERY defensive here, and I was not addressing anyone in particular when I asked why people were bashing him. You obviously feel this applies to you, so why not show us all the dirt you have on this guy?
Put up or shut up.

The irony is, nutnfancy is a CS fan, like all of us here. There's lots of people way more deserving of your mighty wrath.

I am defensive, am I?  People have pointed out before I ever posted to this pathetic thread, that you're "beating a dead horse."  Why would you bring this up again?  What do you have to gain?  Someone said that your new picture looks like nutnfancy.  That would make a lot of sense.
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 31 to 60 of 70

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll
  • Submit Vote
  • Post reward post
  • Delete my own posts
  • Delete my own threads
  • Rate post

© 2000-2009 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.4
Copyright © 2008 Cold Steel All rights reserved.